Earth Jagua Black Temporary Tattoo Kit
About the Earth Jagua
Black Temporary Tattoo Kit
All-natural — Safe — Dermatologically Tested
Introducing our new, improved, and repackaged kit for creating the hottest new thing in body art: safe, black temporary tattoos that look like the real thing...
Facts about Earth Jagua® Gel
- Dyes the skin blue-black, just like the color of a permanent tattoo — then fades away completely in 10–14 days.
- Does not contain PPD or any other toxic chemicals.
- Requires no needles for application and is completely pain-free.
- Our jagua juice is now freeze-dried and has a one-year shelf-life before mixing! Just add water and mix to reconstitute the original Earth Jagua® Gel.
- Gel lasts 31/2 months when refrigerated.
- Kit comes with everything you need to create beautiful temporary tattoos that look like dead ringers for a permanent tattoo, including easy-to-use stencil transfers that make creating designs a snap.
Makes 10–15 tattoos!
THIS IS NOT "BLACK HENNA"!
For years we have been warning our customers against so-called "black henna tattoos" — and you were smart to stay away from them. These dangerous concoctions are not made from natural henna, and they pose a serious risk to your health. But with the exciting new Earth Jagua Black Temporary Tattoo Kit, the makers of Earth Henna have developed a natural, painless, completely safe kit for creating temporary tattoos that are truly black — they look just like the real thing and remain on the skin for up to 15 days.
Contents of Kit
The Earth Jagua® Black Temporary Tattoo Kit comes with:
- Professional applicator bottle and fine tip.
- Two easy-to-use and reusable stencil transfer sheets featuring some of our most popular tattoo designs (or you can create your own freehand!).
- A bottle of natural eucalyptus oil for the stencil transfer.
- State-of-the-art dropper for adding just the right amount of water to freeze-dried jagua powder.
- Plastic gloves for use while mixing (because the Earth Jagua® Gel works fast!).
- Enough Earth Jagua® Gel for 10–15 tattoos.
- Clear, illustrated, step-by-step written instructions for foolproof application.
Thought you'd like to know...
- Our jagua extract comes straight from the Peruvian Amazon.
- We buy it directly from our working partners, the Matsés people, who harvest the jagua fruit in the wild and ship us the juice fresh during each new season.
- No trees are cut down to create this product.
- A portion of the proceeds are donated to the Matsés community for healthcare needs.
- Using scissors, make a 1/4" cut at tip of foil packet marked Earth Jagua® Base Gel. Using a pen, push contents of packet toward tip.
- Open plastic cone and place in a cup. Squeeze Base Gel into cone.
- Twist cap off bottle of Earth Jagua® Powder. Using dropper, slowly fill bottle with water to top of sticker. Shake bottle of 1-2 minutes until powder is completely liquefied.
- Pour Contents of bottle into plastic cone. Squeeze air out of plastic cone and reseal.
- Massage contents of cone until smooth. Using a pen, push Earth Jagua® Gel toward small tip of cone.
- Using scissors, make a 1/8" Cut at small tip of cone. Insert cone tip into mouth of plastic squeeze bottle marked Earth Jagua® Powder (which will serve as your applicator bottle).
- Squeeze entire contents of cone into bottle While you do this, tap bottle on counter once in a while to help gel settle at bottom.
- Twist tip onto cap. Twist cap outfitted with tip onto bottle now filled with Earth Jagua® Gel. Close tightly.
- Follow test patch instructions as provided in Health Warning. Create design on skin.
- Be very careful not to smudge design before it dries. jagua stains very quickly! Gel will take 30-45 minutes to dry.
- Wait 2 hours. Remove Earth Jagua® Gel from skin.
- YOU WILL SEE VERY LITTLE COLOR WHEN YOU REMOVE THE GEL. THIS IS NORMAL!
- Wait 24-48 hours for black color to fully develop.
- For the First night only. After the tattoo application, even if you have already removed the gel, make sure to wrap or cover the design with bathroom tissue and tape so that the jagua does not stain sheets or other areas of the body it may come in contact with.
Stencil Application Instructions
- Cut Chosen design from stencil transfer page.
- Using a cotton ball, rub a layer of eucalyptus oil to skin area where stencil will be applied. Place stencil dark side down. Apply light, even pressure and wait 30 seconds. Remove stencil.
- Slowly trace outline of stencil with Earth Jagua® Gel by lightly squeezing plastic applicator bottle outfitted with metal tip. This will release the gel. (Stencil outline will disappear, leaving black tattoo on skin)
- Allow Earth Jagua® Gel to dry, and continue following Tattoo Application Instructions.
- Stencil may be re-used up to five times!
NOTE: Using a stencil is not required! If you can draw freehandm feel free to create your own designs!
Earth Jagua® Health Warnings
Ingredients in Earth Jagua® Gel: Water, Isopropyl Alcohol Genipa Americana, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitol, Citric Acid, Silica dioxide, Potassium Sorbate.
By nature of the genipin extraction process, other naturally forming chemical constituents of the Genipa Americana fruit pulp can also be contained within this solution. Such present constituents may be: D Mannitol,
Carbohydrates, Tartaric Acid, Genipic Acid, Hydantoin, Caffeine, Calcium.
Earth Jagua® Gel is safe and all-natural. However, allergic reactions to natural products are not uncommon (think strawberries or peanuts). For your safety, please follow these recommended guidelines.
- Before using Earth Jagua® Gel, test product on small area first. Place a small amount of product on the skin; leave on for 2-3 hours and rinse off with water. Wait 4-5 hours before proceeding.
- If you are taking any medications, or have any known allergies, check with your doctor before using Earth Jagua® Gel.
- Earth Jagua® is a strong dye. We recommend waiting until tattoo has completely disappeared before making a second application on the same spot.
- All persons using Earth Jagua® Gel should check the ingredients list to check for potential allergic reactions.
- For external use only. Earth Jagua® Gel should not be taken internally.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If this happens, flush with water.
Specially priced boxed set with our black tattoo kit, a new book about jagua by Carine Fabius, and a DVD about a journey into the Amazon in quest of this elusive fruit.
Retail Price: $39.98
Written in a breezy, engaging style, this book takes the reader on an exciting journey into the heart of the Amazon jungle.
Retail Price: $21.95
A fascinating documentary film on a journey into the Peruvian Amazon in search of the elusive jagua fruit.
Retail Price: $19.96
Replenish your supply of jagua gel for your Earth Jagua black temporary tattoo kit with this 5 oz. bottle.
Retail Price: $39.95
I did expect the result to be a darker color, but overall a good product. Good alternative to a tattoo and a great way to experiment with possible tattoo ideas and placements!
This jagua is awesome! I was worried that it wouldn't be very dark, but it's GREAT! Very easy to mix and apply. The kit comes with a decently fine tip (not EXTREMELY fine, but finer than I had expected), and it's a good consistency. Color is midnight; a nice, dark, blue-black. IT TAKES 24 HOURS TO DARKEN. Do not get discouraged when you rinse the gel off and the tattoo is light grey. It DOES darken significantly over 24 hours. The stain does last 2 weeks; however, after the first week it faded about 1/3 the original darkness. I re-applied the gel and it completely renewed the dark color, so it was no problem. There is a decent amount, as long as you're only using it for smaller designs. I've already gotten 3 applications from it, and I still have plenty left. It stores well in the fridge so far, and it goes a long way. The stencils the kit comes with were not to my liking, but it's easy to make your own. It found that I was able to print my own designs, and if I applied them (using the eucalyptus) immediately after printing, when the ink was still wet from the printer, it provided an okay stencil for me. Overall, I was very pleased with this purchase. I was a little wary of ordering a product like this online, because I wanted to be sure I was getting a good product - but this is certainly what I was looking for!
Lasted about ten days, very satisfied with the product. I would purchase again. Good to use as a guide to whether you would like a permanent tat.
The product was delivered quickly. All of the items advertised were included and useful for creating the best product. The tattoos lasted up to 10-11 days, with the darkest and most pronounced color on days 3-5 before fading. Smaller/thinner lines fade quicker but the thicker, more substantive tattoos lasted the longest.
So this stuff works pretty decent. Came with some templates, the usual tribal stuff, a butterfly, spider and so on. All pretty small - maybe 2" by 2" and a couple 4" x 2". You put oil on your arm, press on the template, it leaves a faint image of the design and then you fill in by hand with the ink dispenser. It dries, forms a kind of crust. You rinse off and it is looks faded, then the next day it looks better. Tat comes out blackish blue color similar to ink you might think someone got from a back alley tat parlor, but if that is the look you're going for it is fine. It worked for me. I actually hand drew a design and filled it in, worked well. Faded after about a week, then at about 2 weeks was very faded, 2 1/2 weeks gone.
I've tried several different inks, and this is the best. Instead of a reddish tint like henna, it's kind of a bluish black tint. It does take a good 24 hours to darken, but works well. Last about two weeks.