Light Mountain Natural Hair Color & Conditioner
Light Mountain Natural® Hair Color & Conditioner is the best henna-based natural hair color and conditioner on the market. Choose from the original product line with the gorgeous animals on the package. Comes in 12 shades.
- No synthetic ingredients in the formulation — only pure, premium henna and other botanicals.
- Contains noPPD, no ammonia, no peroxide — no chemicals whatsoever.
- Each batch is tested to ensure that it has no contaminants such as heavy metals or pesticides.
- No animal testing was conducted by Light Mountain or its suppliers in the manufacture of these products.
Henna coats each hair shaft with a natural, semi-permanent protein called hennatannic acid. Heat causes the hennatannic acid to cling to the proteins found in the hair (or nails and skin, if desired). Because henna coats and seals the hair shaft, it helps protect the hair from damaging effects of sun, salt, chlorine, wind and pollution in the environment. It can help miminize split ends and acts as "hair insurance" if you spend a lot of time in the sun, surf or wind. In addition to protecting the hair shaft, henna will tighten the hair cuticle and create a more solid surface which reflects light; the result is gleaming, lustrous hair.
Rather than producing dramatic color changes, henna enhances and deepens existing color. The darker your natural color, the less drastic the change will be inyour natural color. Because the color from henna is transparent or "seethrough," henna cannot lighten dark hair; it will, however, add highlights to dark hair and can darken the color of lighter hair. To determine which shade of henna is best for you based on your original color and the desired result, consult Light Mountain's easy-to-use color chart.
How it Works
- Wear the supplied gloves. Exercise care.
- Apply cream or petroleum jelly to your skin along the hairline, ears and neck. This will help keep mixture from coloring these areas.
- Remember, never use metal during preparation or application.
- Place the powder in a glass, ceramic or plastic bowl.
- Boil approximately 12 to 16 ounces of distilled water in a nonmetal container.
- Slowly add 12 ounces hot water to the powder stirring with a wooden or plastic spoon to desired consistency. Consistency will be gritty with a thickness similar to yogurt after it is stirred. If it is not, add more water until it is this consistency, up to 4 ounces more.
- Note: If you should experience any clumping or grittiness due to a dry batch of botanicals, you may add 2-6 heaping tablespoons (use plastic spoon) of plain yogurt to attain a creamier consistency.
- Choose from the following curing times, depending on your product color:
- REDS (Light red, red, bright red), AUBURN, MAHOGANY or LIGHT BROWN: Let mixture sit COVERED for 1 to 3 hours to cure before applying.
- MEDIUM BROWN, DARK BROWN, BURGUNDY, CHESTNUT or BLACK: Let mixture sit COVERED for 10 to 30 minutes to cure before applying.
- NEUTRAL does not need to cure and should be used once cooled enough to apply to hair.
- Apply to clean towel dried hair.
- Keep metal hair pins, curlers, etc. out of hair.
- Using gloved hands, begin applying mixture at crown of head.
- Coat all strands from roots, massaging outward, until all your hair is covered.
- Cover hair with plastic cap.
- It is best to use intermittent heat (by using a hairdryer on low heat setting or a warmed towel placed over the cap) for 5 to 10 minutes to retain warmth and moisture within the cap. This will help the color set better to the hair.
- If using REDS, AUBURN, MAHOGANY, or LIGHT BROWN, the use of continued heat may bring out more enhanced red tones. Be careful not to melt plastic cap.
- Light Mountain is an all-natural product and timing will vary for each individual. The process can take anywhere between 45 minutes up to 4 hours. The only way to determine how long the product should remain on the hair is by completing a strand test.
- There are several factors that can affect the amount of time it takes to achieve the desired color, such as: if the product was allowed to cure before applying to the hair, the condition of the hair, the texture of the hair, or what color is being used.
- DO NOT leave on longer than 4 hours.
- DO NOT leave on overnight.
- Rinse with warm water.
- After initial rinse, to aid in removing the mixture, apply conditioner to the hair, then rinse again.
- To avoid staining hands, wear plastic gloves while rinsing hair. For best results wait 24 hours before shampooing with a mild shampoo such as BWC Moisture Plus Shampoo.
- Light Mountain Natural will color any skin it contacts.
- For SPECIAL EFFECTS:
- Add one or more of the following prior to adding heated water. Note when additional liquid is used, cut back or eliminate water.
- For extra conditioning, add one egg or two tablespoons yogurt, decrease the amount of water accordingly.
- To bring out golden highlights in already light hair, replace heated water with half warm water and half warm lemon juice or Chamomile tea brewed with three tea bags.
- To create rich golden or copper highlights add three tablespoons vinegar or fresh lemon juice to Light Mountain NaturalLight Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown or Mahogany.
- To enrich browns or reds and leave your hair smelling fresh and distinctive, add one teaspoon ginger, allspice, nutmeg or paprika.
- To enhance brown tones, replace heated water with day-old, black, very warm coffee (Not instant coffee).
All sales are final on any products that have been opened or used.