Kids' Henna Body Painting Kit
About the Kids' Henna Body Painting Kit
All-natural — Safe — Dermatologically Tested
Temporary Tattoos That Kids — and Parents — Will Love
Our kids' henna tattoo kit is fun to use and contains enough henna powder and mixing solution for boys and girls to get started on creating their own beautiful temporary tattoos and henna designs. Like our Original Earth Henna Kit, each Kids' Henna Tattoo Kit comes with:
- Pre-measured natural henna powder directly from the fields of Morocco
- Pre-measured henna mixing solution for making henna paste
- Four grams of eucalyptus oil for applying stencil designs.
- Reusable stencil transfer sheet with easy-to-apply designs that will appeal especially to kids
- Plastic squeeze bottle applicator with fine tip (used by professional henna artists!)
- Q-tips and toothpicks (a henna artist's must-have tools!)
- Clear step-by-step instructions on how to mix the solution and apply your Mehndi designs, along with invaluable tips & techniques from professional Mehndi artists
- Cotton bag for storage of unused supplies
Makes 15–20 designs like these!
- Pour contents of Henna Powder packet into plastic cone. (If your kit contains a plastic cone already filled with henna powder, skip to step 2.)
- Pour contents of Earth Henna® Solution into plastic cone. Reseal plastic cone and mix together by massaging between palms for three minutes or more until all lumps are gone.
- Pour entire contents of pack marked Dextrose into henna paste. Massage between palms for another three minutes.
- Using a pen, push henna paste toward tip of cone. Cut a tiny hole at tip of cone. Insert cone tip into plastic applicator bottle. Squeeze Earth Henna® paste into bottle until full. Occasionally tap bottle on counter to help paste settle at bottom. Seal plastic cone with tape and refrigerate remaining henna paste.
- Twist applicator tip and cap onto bottle and close tightly.
- Start with clean, dry skin. Apply a light layer of Eucalyptus Oil onto skin.
- Squeeze plastic bottle to release henna and create your design. Do not let metal tip touch skin. (If you are not drawing freehand, see "Stencil Transfer Process" on next page)
- Let henna paste dry; this should take about 20-30 minutes. Leave on skin for four to six hours (or more) for best results. If done at night, wrap area with toilet paper and tape before going to bed.
- Peel off dried henna paste with fingers, or rinse off with warm running water. If some of it has already fallen off on its own, that's okay.
- You will see very little color when your first remove paste. THIS IS NORMAL. Henna design will develop from orange to traditional deep reddish-brown color over the next two days.
- Refrigerate any remaining henna paste. Be sure to squeeze air out of bottle before closing. To do this, squeeze bottle until henna paste rises to the top and close bottle with original cap. The bottle will look warped and funny but it will keep the henna fresh for longer period of time.
Stencil Transfer Process
- Using scissors, cut stencil design of choice from stencil sheet.
- (Fold top of packet back and save for repeat usage.) Apply a light layer of Eucalyptus Oil onto skin. Place stencil dark side down. Apply pressure for a full 30 seconds and remove. You will see outline of stencil on skin.
- Squeeze plastic bottle to release henna paste and slowlytrace over outline of stencil with henna. Complete design by filling in between the lines with henna. Black outline will disappear, leaving reddish brown henna color.
- Allow paste to dry and follow instructions above.
- Each stencil may be re-used up to six times.
- Soak applicator tip and cap in hot water after use to avoid clogging.
- Use toothpicks to even out lines.
- Use straight pin or needle to clean or unclog metal tip.
- If you begin to feel a strain on your hand as you draw, unscrew cap loose, re-shut cap to release air pressure and tap bottle down.
- Keep contents away from children and eye area.
- Do not eat or swallow. To be used on skin only.
- For topical use only. Do not ingest.
Information and Health Warnings
Ingredients: Henna powder, water, benzyl alcohol, citric acid, disodium EDTA, lactic acid.
Earth Henna® paste is safe and all-natural. However, allergic reactions to natural products are not uncommon (think strawbwerries and peanuts).
For your safety, please follow these recommended guidelines.
- Before using Earth Henna® paste, do a skin patch test first. Place a small amount of product on the skin; leave on for 2-3 hours and rinse off with water. Wait 4-5 hours before proceeding.
- If you are taking any medications, or have any known allergies, check with your doctor before using Earth Henna® paste.
- We recommend waiting until tattoo has completely disappeared before making a second application on the same spot.
- All persons using Earth Henna® paste should check the ingredients list for potential allergic reactions.
- For external use only. Do not eat or swallow. Keep contents away from children.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If this happens, flush with water.
Earth Henna FAQ
A treasure trove of the history, lore, and techniques of henna body painting. This is the amazing book that started it all!
Retail Price: $12.00
Never run short of henna again! Kit contains powder and mixing solution only — a must-have for serious mehndi artists.
Retail Price: $13.00